Strong opinions, (bi-)weekly held - with great guests from the C++ community
We collect information about users of our Service (collectively, "you", "your", or "yourself").
Some of the information collected may be Personal Data
Your rights regarding Personal Data are described in this Policy.
By using the Service, you agree that your information will be handled as described by this Policy, and that your usage and any disputes over privacy are subject to this Policy.
Information we collect
We collect information about you through your use of our Service via the third-party tracking service, clicky.com ("Clicky
The following information is sent to Clicky servers when a user visits our site:
- URL & Title of pages viewed
- URL & Title of any links that are clicked on pages viewed
- User agent
- Browser language
- Screen resolution
- x/y coordinates of mouse events
- Unique ID tracking cookie ("UID")
The GDPR considers this to be Personal Data, even though it is randomly generated and does not identify who you are or reveal anything else about you.
Its sole purpose is to more accurately track unique visitors.
- IP address ("IP")
IPs are anonymized before processing.
Per Article 6 of the GDPR, processing of UID and IP Personal Data is lawful and does not require your direct consent because it is "necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests" of web sites using the service. These legitimate interests
include but is not limited to:
Assembling statistics regarding the use of a web site. (Accurately counting unique visitors is a vital statistic for any web site).
How we use your information
- To provide reports for our internal use on web site traffic.
How we share your information
This information is collected by Clicky and is stored on Clicky's servers, and so is shared with them as necessary to provide and maintain the Service .
We may also share your information for legal reasons
, such as:
- Meeting applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable governmental requests.
- In response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Detecting, preventing, or otherwise addressing fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Enforcing applicable Terms of Service.
The following cookies are used with the Service. All cookies are first party unless otherwise noted. Temporary session cookies (that expire when you leave a web site) are not listed.
- _referrer_og -- Stores external referrer for 90 days, for better long term attribution of traffic sources.
- _jsuid -- Unique ID tracking cookie.
- cluid -- Third party Unique ID tracking cookie (attached to Clicky tracking domains). Used solely to identify the same visitor across multiple domains belonging to the same Clicky customer. The first party cookie is updated to match the third party one if both are set and the values don't match.
To the best of our ability, we protect all of our data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access and destruction.
Secure (HTTPS) access is forced for our Site to help keep your information, including login credentials, secure in transit.
Personal Data rights
EU and Swiss citizens have the legal right to access, correct, and delete their Personal Data. Users may contact us directly to do so. Users may also opt out
If you have any questions about this Policy or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is active as of the date below and is updated from time to time. You should periodically review this page for the latest information.
8th October 2020